[BH4] The PhillyFIT BASH, 5K and 1 mile walk(and Dog Walk too!) this SUNDAY!

JaLynnConcepts at aol.com JaLynnConcepts at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 10:56:17 CDT 2008

OK PhillyFIT  GANG!
A few updates for the 7th PhillyFIT BASH and our  charity 5K coming this
Sunday, the 27th. We are watching the weather closely,  our event is rain or
shine...just a matter of moving things indoors at Velocity  vs. setting up outside.
The 5K and the 1 mile walk (also a Dog walk) has no  changes regardless of
weather, it's going to be fantastic, I love the  course. Registration begins at
8:30a.m., and we start the event at 9:30 a.m.  sharp! You can get the form
online _www.phillyfit.com_ (http://www.phillyfit.com/) . The BASH opens up  at
10:30 for the awards ceremony and rolls right into our main (BASH) event. The
BASH is everything you can imagine like a massive party, with a live  jazz band
and great food, 75 vendors who are interactive and working with  you/showing
you how to work out, talk diets/nutrition,  massage/shiatsu/reiki/etc., hair
and makeup styling, 76er's Dance Team  performing - along with endless local
dance and martial arts demos. Kids  moon bounce, face painting, football and
sports games/challenges, too much to  mention it all.
For the 5K, we have added a kids awards  category, with all different ranges.
That wasnt in our advertisement, but we  have decided to add it. I dont know
the specific levelsright now, but will later  tomorrow if anyone wants to
email me or call to find  out.
Vendors: we'll be mailing  you your 2 wrist bands for entry to the bash,
otherwise, cost for everyone to  get in is only $5.00 per person. Kids under 5
free. Runners and walkers of the  5K or 1 mile get in free too! PLEASE: get a
tent for over your booth. SAMS/COSCO  have them for approx. $170 they pop up so
easy, and are useful for so many  things. It's worth the investment. Think
about wind too...be sure you have paper  weights, etc. for your flyers, etc.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED still  for set up and break down, and the 5K course.
The location of the BASH  and 5K is so easy to get to, just off of Street Rd,
and basically "on"  Jacksonville Rd., Velocity Sports Performance Center is
located at 700 Veterans  Circle, Warminster, PA. We will have sign holders on
major corners in the area  to help you if you are not familiar with Warminster.
It's 8 minutes from the  Turnpike or Rt. 1, 15 minutes from 95/off of STREET
RD (which is the major road  in this area).
Magazine updates:  Anyone looking to learn more about our new "PhillyFIT
going green" and Holisitc  Section launching for our upcoming July/Aug issue,
please contact us now.  Special rates apply for the first three issues. Also, the
GUIDE TO FITNESS,  which is basically our PhillyFIT Yellow Pages of everything
fitness is  published, and we anticipate it growing to many pages! For only
$350 per year  (only $59 per issue) your company name, address, phone and
website are featured,  along with your logo.
PS: I wanted to let you guys  know, PhillyFIT has agreed to partner with
"City Chase", a great new event that is coming to Philadelphia on May  3rd. I
encourage everyone to join me at  City Chase which is just one week after the
PhillyFIT Bash. City  Chase is a one-day urban adventure race that NBC Chicago has
billed as "A  real-life reality TV show...Think Fear Factor meets Amazing
Race" that you can  compete in.  It’s a full day of  navigating your way around
the city on foot and using SEPTA to compete in  physical, mental and humorous
challenges. They did it last year in Chicago and had people  rappelling down
towers, playing with live snakes and getting on stage and  singing before a live
audience. Not to mention, there is a charitable component  as well—last year
Chicago participants raised over $8,000 for  Special Olympics from strangers
on the street! The  Philly team of two with the best time will advance to the
2008 US National  Championships. The winners of the US National Championships
will represent the  entire US in the '08 World Championships.
To learn more about this great event, I  encourage everyone to stop by the
City Chase tent that will be at the  PhillyFIT Bash! They have asked me to see
if we can find them any  volunteers for City Chase, visit  citychase.com.

Jami Appenzeller-Yancey
_www.phillyfit.com_ (http://www.phillyfit.com/)
215-396-0268

listings at AOL Autos.