[BH4] May 18 Delaware Marathon Running Festival - March Email

Joel Schiller JSchiller at artisansbank.com
Mon Mar 10 17:40:08 CDT 2008

For aIl pre-registrants: see important info below!

As of Mar 8th, 351 marathon runners were registered for the Sunday May 18, 2008 Christiana Care Health System Delaware Marathon Running Festival presented by New Balance Delaware.  Also, 27 relay teams were signed up for our 4 Person Relay Race, and 75 runners were registered for our Bell Supply Ten Miler.  Last year at this time, we had 183 registered for the marathon, 24 relay teams registered and 24 registered in our ten miler!   We fully expect to sell out again with 600 marathoners and 600 relay runners on 150 relay teams, plus 300 more in our ten mile race!

New Balance Delaware now has available for sale the officially branded Delaware Marathon New Balance running clothing line!.  Check out the 6 items selected by clicking: HERE<http://store.nbdelaware.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SNB&Category_Code=dmapp>    Also, the clothing is in stock at their Delaware retail stores located in the Brandywine Town Center and Christiana Mall.  (302) 230-3068 or (800) 401-4752

We have selected a brand new logo design by Mark Deshon of Deshon & Associates Graphic Design for the 2008 New Balance technical shirts that all runners will receive.  Bold and colorful, we think you'll love the new design as much as we do!!  It will be unveiled during race weekend.

Important Info: Registrants: my personal computer crashed and I lost an important "to do" file.  If you've emailed us a carb party reservation, a request for race day transportation, an offer to volunteer, or other race weekend related requests, please email me again.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please check your registration information: especially your prior year participations; identification of first time marathoners; and your relay team running order
Marathon: wmarathonparticipants<http://www.races2run.com/marathon/marathonparticipants.htm>
Relay: wrelayparticipants<http://www.races2run.com/marathon/relayparticipants.htm>
Ten Mile: w10mileparticipants<http://www.races2run.com/marathon/10mileparticipants.htm>

2008 Delaware Marathon Posters are now available.  Email us if you want to display a poster in your office, store, or public space.  Also, here is a last call for hard copy race applications; if you need some more, please let us know.

If you are looking for a good tune-up for the 2008 Delaware Marathon, we can recommend the following race:

6th Sun Trust Mortgage, L.D.A.F. Race for Autism Half Marathon Classic on Sunday, April 27, 2008 in Lewes, DE. 8:00 a.m.  Run on country roads by the Delaware Bay, Cape May Ferry, and loop the popular Cape Henlopen State Park at the Atlantic Ocean.  Contact: Tim Bamforth, Seashore Strider Event Production Inc., P.O. Box 99, Nassau, DE 19969; 302-644-8952; runningandracing at seashorestrider.com<mailto:runningandracing at seashorestrider.com>; or visit www.seashorestriders.com<http://www.seashorestriders.com/>  For more info, also visit: www.ldaf.com/events/race2008/info.html<http://www.ldaf.com/events/race2008/info.html>
Out of town Guests: Please expect to receive a Visitor Guide from the Greater Wilmington Convention & Visitors Bureau, 100 West 10th Street - Suite 20, Wilmington, DE 19801.  (800) 489-6664; (302) 652-4726 fax. Visit their website: www.VisitWilmingtonDE.com<http://www.VisitWilmingtonDE.com>

Congratulations to all of you who ran in yesterday's Caesar Rodney Half Marathon in Wilmington, DE

And on a very, sad note, a very good friend of ours, marathoner and Hawaii Iron Man triathlon competitor Mike Clark passed away this week at the age of 51.   We'll really miss you Mike but will never forget you.

If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please email me.

Only 60 some days till race day!

Thanks.

Joel Schiller
Operations Director
Delaware Marathon/Relay

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact
the sender by replying to this message and delete
this material from any system it may be on.