[BH4] 2009 CCHS Delaware Marathon Running Festival presented by NB - May 17, 2009

Joel Schiller JSchiller at artisansbank.com
Mon Oct 6 17:39:32 CDT 2008

Dear Runner and/or Supporter of the Delaware Marathon Running Festival.

We are very pleased to announce the 2009 Christiana Care Health System Delaware Marathon Running Festival presented by New Balance Delaware will be held on Sunday, May 17, 2009 in Wilmington, Delaware.

NEW for our 6th year: a new half-marathon will replace our popular ten mile event; new scenic courses (mara/half/relay) have been developed that eliminate the industrial and urban residential areas adjacent to the Wilmington Riverfront and include more of the city's park system and the Forty Acres and Little Italy sections of Wilmington; and a new dedicated start/finish area has been reserved at Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park adjacent to the Wilmington Amtrak station.

The 2009 Delaware Marathon Running Festival includes Delaware's oldest and largest certified road Marathon; a new certified Half-Marathon; and a certified 4 Person Relay Marathon of equal lengths that incorporates parts of  the marathon/half marathon course.  We are also pleased to announce that Plexus Fitness will join Christiana Care Health System and New Balance Delaware as an event sponsor of our 4 Person Relay.  Also returning for 2009 will be the popular Christiana Care Health System Health & Fitness Expo; our family friendly Not For Runners Only Pre-Race Carb Party; and our Run 1, 4 Fun! family friendly one-mile fun run.

All marathon participants will receive a high-quality New Balance technical performance shirt; a custom finishers medal; and a finishers certificate.  All event participants will receive an event program; goody bag; post-race meal in our tented, seated hospitality area; and complete results listings provided by Runners Gazette.

The Delaware Marathon Running Festival has donated over $50,000 to charity in its five year history.  2009 charity beneficiaries include the YMCA of Delaware's Strong Kids Campaign; The Center for Heart and Vascular Health at Christiana Care; and Kids With Confidence, a facial and dental surgical program for kids without insurance coverage.

Registrations are currently available on Active.com  www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1638925<http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1638925>

Hard copy applications will be mailed to all past participants in November.
Many more details can be found on our new website: www.delawaremarathon.org<http://www.delawaremarathon.org>
Also check out the new Delaware Marathon Group on Facebook!

To unsubscribe, please reply with the word Unsubscribe in the Subject Line.
Please pass this email on to your friends and fellow runners!

Joel Schiller & Wayne Kursh

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact
the sender by replying to this message and delete
this material from any system it may be on.