[BH4] Charity Run

ducki ducki.x at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:08:35 CDT 2008

Sadly, I'm not able to write about a hash, just another fundraiser.  I know
there are some hashers who still consider themselves runners, so I hope
those might be interested.  The Claymont Community Center is holding a 5K
run/walk and 1 mile Fun Run.
The Claymont Community Center serves people from all over New Caslte County
and surronding areas.  It houses over 30 health and human services.  The
Center runs several programs including a Health Clinic for the uninsured and
the under-insured, Mental Health Counseling for the uninsured and the
under-insured, a Crisis Alleviation Program helping people who need help
with rent or utilities as well as food closet, the Brandywine Senior Center,
a Job Training and Placement program, a low cost Tutoring Program, English
Classes for Adults, a Summer Camp for Children learning English, a Family
Literacy Program, and a program Fighting Childhood Obesity.
It also houses over 20 tenant organizations such as the Claymont Library,
Adopt-a-Family, Boys & Girls Club, Delware Money School, and
Girls Inc., just to name a few.
You can visit the website: www.claymontcenter.org for more information.
And yes, one of the main reasons I care is that I work there.  But they
really do do a lot to help the community.
Hope to see some of you there (though I'll probably be hung over).
-Sleepy Head
--
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't,
it ain't. That's logic." -Lewis Carroll