[BH4] [digbysbeerpalace] Fwd: BH4 21st Anniversary/H4 999th

William Severe wsevere at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 12:20:35 CDT 2013

Hmmm, the start is just 6000 feet from the Univ. of Del. dorm room in which I lived for 4 fun-filled years. Jeez, there sure has been way too much development in that area since I was there.  The start location did not exist nor did the "Christiana Parkway" (across the intersection), when I was there.  In fact, there was nothing on Elkton rd., west of Casho Mill Road (except for DuPont, the truck stop, and a liquor store), until you got to  downtown Elkton, MD (5 miles away).  Elkton road was a great road for drag racing until they started putting in traffic lights between Newark and I-95.  Damn, 1977 was along time ago...

I see there is new construction on the former Chrysler production plant site.

Development sucks.  It's bad for fond memories, and bad for hashing terrain, too.

Bad Dog

CC: jfresch6800 at yahoo.com; pamhtodd at gmail.com; liamgts at aol.com